Our family is growing. Our people are most consequential to our success.
We’re in pursuit of an Office Administrator who is confident, meticulous, reliable, chatty, yet adaptable. This juggler can both enthusiastically welcome customers to our office while managing a working showroom. The ideal candidate will have a flair for the creative, have great attention to detail and thrive on constant change and motion. You will be responsible for the development, assisting in the planning and execution of market focused special events, both on and off site. The ability to recognize and manage customer experience related issues in a cheerful, professional manner is essential. This person is responsible for literally turning (and keeping) the lights on – this role is central to maintaining the day-to-day busy-ness of Merchants. This is more than an office. This is a place with a lot of heart and hard work and humor.
When you’re here, you’re part of the family.
- Works to create an inviting, organized workspace – messaging to both clients and employees that they are valued and welcome
- Oversees/responds to Merchants employees, industry associations, vendors and supply partners and manufacturers
- Schedules requested conference rooms, coordinating tours with sales person and managing events from beginning to end
- Manages working showroom, meeting rooms, and kitchen and ensures hospitality and office products are organized and stocked, and facility is clean
and “camera ready”
- Schedules and plans team/staff/office/divisional meetings
- Oversees the planning and implementation of all Merchants events
- Scouts resources for catering, as well as locations for off-site events and event entertainment
- Associate Arts degree in Hospitality Management, or equivalent from a two-year college
- At least one- year experience in front line customer service, hospitality, event coordination or as a personal assistant
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team with internal departments, external vendors, suppliers and customers
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Must be honest and reliable with ability to handle confidential issues with discretion
- Highly personable with the ability to quickly connect with guests
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions and exercise prudent judgement with minimal guidance
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload, adapt to changing priorities, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with ability to learn in house programs
- Reliable transportation needed to travel between offices or to pick up supplies/products
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise. Nature of work may require working off hours and some travel. This is not a remote position. The expectation is that this individual is in the office traditionally M-F, 8A – 5P MST.
- Benefits package
- Salary range of $40,000-$50,000 (negotiable)
- Bonus and sales incentives