We’re hiring! We are looking for the best; our people are our greatest advantage.
We’re in pursuit of a Controller to direct the financial affairs of our dealership. The Controller is responsible for the Company’s financial plans and implementing its policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationship with manufacturers, clients, and the financial community. The position involves general accounting, auditing, budgetary control, and financial report preparations. This person is a lifeline to Merchants and a key component to the day to day functions of the Company.
We’re family – it’s messy but unconditional.
- Prepares financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports; maintains system of accounts and keeps records of all
financial transactions and assets
- Tracks all accounts receivables for payment or delinquency; follows up weekly on all receivables over 30 days delinquent
- Works with other dealer staff to resolve customers issues that are holding up payment by the customer
- Resolves over- or under-payments by customers
- Make sure clients with specialized billing requirements get the correct invoicing at the correct time via their appropriate platforms
- Maintains sales tax database, pays out appropriate sales tax to vendors and confirms accuracy of sales tax billings to clients
- Receives invoices from vendors, matches them to purchase orders and pays out upon due dates
- Looks for efficiency and margin gain by early pay allowance vendors
- Follows up on account statements from manufacturers to ensure the company is within its credit terms
- Prints payable checks on a regular basis and ensure timelines
- Does miscellaneous accounting processes under the discretion of manager
- Processes deposits, credit memos, and rebilling requests; including recurring storage invoicing
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree required
- 3+ years work experience as an Accountant
- Experience with managing Chart of Accounts
- 2+ years hands on experience with Quickbooks
- Expert in human relations and communication
- Mathematical acumen
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
Regularly works with clients and manufacturers over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise. Commonly works with internal teams such as project managers, salespeople, and management.
- Benefits package
- Salary range of $75,000-80,000
- Bonus opportunities