We’re hiring! We are looking for the best. Our people are our greatest advantage.
Merchants provides an excellent platform to work with great people, develop a great client base and provide them with a differentiated offering of products and services. In joining Merchants, you will be part of a company that has built an impeccable reputation over 82 years. On this basis alone, you are well positioned to develop immediate trust with potential clients. At Merchants, our scale, relationships, and experience allow you to serve organizations of any size, anywhere. Our offerings include a wide range of new, used, and rental furniture, architectural glass walls, and services including design, installation, and asset management.
We’re in pursuit of an Account Manager who is not only competent, ambitious, and meticulous but also authentic, creative, and resilient. The Account Manager participates in all aspects of pre- and post-sale functions. Our account managers are integral to the customer experience through problem solving and decision making necessary to make projects successful. This person helps senior managers with large projects and key accounts and also manages certain clients and projects entirely.
When you’re here, you’re part of the family.
- Assist with the overall sales process by: qualifying priorities, creating schedules, developing budgets, creating furniture solutions, and managing a project from start to finish
- Develop relationships with and understand how to engage with manufacturers, internal team members, and project partners including
architects and contractors, in order to drive successful outcomes
- Research products and develop a deep understanding of pricing and feature trade offs across product lines
- Attend client interactions at all stages of a process
- Develop proficiency with our budgeting tools
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of orders
- Maintain organized, clear files that allow clients and all team members to easily and efficiently understand and execute on all nuances of a project
- Ensure project management, the installation team, and the client are coordinating seamlessly with respect to delivery and installation
- Manage on-going customer relationships and requests
- Problem solve for clients efficiently and creatively
- Support team in responding to requests for proposals
- Partner with our design team and manufacturers to create innovative solutions for clients
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college
- Two years of industry or relevant sales experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation, initiative, resourcefulness
- Competence in a team environment and with interruptions and deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude
Regularly work in and out of the office with others, face to face, over the phone, and through email. In office work is primarily in an open office environment with moderate noise. The nature of work requires occasional time spent out of the office at project sites and client offices; reliable transportation required. On-site project work may present dusty/dirty conditions with loud noise, moving objects and other hazards. Project site PPE & safety requirements shall be followed at all times.
- Benefits package
- Salary range of $65,000 base salary
- Bonus and sales incentives